Hyacinth bean looks like eyebrows because it looks twisting and curved. All parts of the hyacinth bean plant are edible, especially the pods, flowers, and leaves. Eating the raw beans is not advisable due to their toxicity. While boiling, it is a must to change the water at least once to guarantee safety. Today this hyacinth bean recipe is to make hyacinth bean dish in a cold dressed way.
Ingredients: 200g hyacinth bean
Seasonings: some salt; 1 tablespoon of vinegar; 1 tablespoon of soya sauce; garlic clove; 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1. Clean hyacinth beans and get rid of veins on both sides. Cut hyacinth beans into strips.
2. Add water in a cooking pot, add several drops of oil and some salt and bring into boiling. Then add hyacinth bean strips into the boiling water and scald until cooked. Take hyacinth bean strips out of the pot, cool them down with clean water and then drain.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of salt, add 1 tablespoon of soya sauce.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar, add several drops of sesame oil.
5. Sprinkle chopped garlic clove and cooked sesame. Then mix them well and serve.
Cooking tips: when we choose hyacinth beans to make this dish, we should select hyacinth beans with thin skins and small seeds. Adding several drops of oil and some salt into water, we can keep hyacinth beans green while cooking.