“Porridge” has always been the best tonic. Winter is a special season, for dramatically decreasing temperature can easily cause physical discomfort. Dry air has a great effect on the moisture balance of skin and body, so the porridge turn the best tonic, which can solve these two big problems and do good to our health. Chinese yam porridge with radish can bring high blood pressure down, nourish spleen and stomach. It is a health preserving porridge for old people.
Cooking time: 30-60 minutes
Ingredients: 50g glutinous rice; 30g ordinary rice; 100g Chinese yam; 100g radish; 2 pieces of Shiitake mushroom
Seasonings: sesame oil; 1 tsp of salt; scallion
1. Prepare all ingredients. Rinse glutinous rice and ordinary rice together and soak in water for 10 minutes.
2. Peel off Chinese yams, cut into sections, then soak in water. Peel off radish, cut into sections. Also clean Shiitake and cut into small sections.
3. Put water in a cooking pan and bring to boiling. Add radish, Shiitake to blanch. Then put rice, radish, Shiitake all into an electric pressure cooker.
4. Also add Chinese yams, then add some boiling water.
5. Cover the lid of the cooker and press the porridge-cooking button to cook. After some sound prompt, open the lid, add one tea spoon of salt and several drops of sesame oil to mix well.
6. Finally switch off the heat. Fill in a bowl and sprinkle several chopped scallions.
Cooking tips: don’t need to add too much salt. Adding several drops of sesame oil can make the taste more savory.