Many people, especially those who have processed them, will look terrified when mentioning pig’s large intestines, because the large intestines leave the impression of dirtiness. However, according to Chinese traditional medicine, these intestines have an effect on moistening dryness, tonifying deficiency, quenching thirst and blood, etc. Eating large intestines can cure diseases such as weakness, thirst, rectocele, haemorrhoids, hemafecia and constipation, etc.
Difficulty: assistant (intermediate)
Cooking time: about 10 minutes
Ingredients: 260g pig’s large intestines; 1 pimento; 2 green pepper; half a dozen of pickled Chinese cabbage
Seasonings: 2tbsp of oil; 1tsp of light soy sauce; 1tbsp of vinegar; 1tsp of salt; 1tsp of starch; 1tsp of sesame oil; half a piece of scallion; defined amount of ginger; defined amount of garlic
1. Remove the pedicle and seeds of the green pepper and pimento, clean and cut into pieces of the same size. Clean the pickled Chinese cabbage, drain the water off and cut into slices. The slices in the picture are relatively big, so you can cut smaller than those in the pictures below.
2. Cut the processed intestines into small sections. Put light soy sauce, vinegar, salt, a little starch, sesame oil into a small bowl and mix them evenly. Clean the scallion, ginger and garlic and chop them into smashes.
3. Put a wok above the fire, heat it on high heat and add 2tbsp of vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, shift the fire into gentle heat. Add ginger pieces, garlic pieces and dry red pepper to stir fry.
4. Add the pickled Chinese cabbages and stir fry. Add the intestines and continue to stir fry on strong heat.
5. Add the green pepper and pimento pieces and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Pour the seasonings made in step 2 and quickfry.
6. Add 1tsp of chicken powder. Turn off the heat. Stir fry evenly and take out the dish.
The seasonings can be collocated according to personal favor.