Difficulty: assistant (intermediate)
Cooking time: about 10 minutes.
Ingredients: 22 small potatoes
Seasonings: 3tbsp of oil; half a dozen of dry red peppers; half a dozen of Chinese prickly ash; half a dozen of anise; 3 pieces of ginger slices; 3 garlic cloves; 1tsp of light soy sauce; 1tsp of light vinegar; 1tsp of sugar; 2tsp of salt
1. You don’t need to remove the potato peel. You can brush the potatoes clean with clean toothbrush or other brushes used in the kitchen. Put the clean potatoes into a pan and boil them. If the steamer works well, you can steam the potatoes and just add a little water.
2. Air the boiled potatoes and crush them lightly with a knife. Crush all the potatoes and sprinkle little salt on both side of the potatoes. Pay attention not to crush them too hard, otherwise the potatoes will collapse.
3. Prepare the dry pepper, Chinese prickly ash, anise, ginger smashes and garlic smashes. Put 1tsp of light soy sauce, light vinegar, sugar and clean water into a small bowl and stir them evenly.
4. Heat a wok and add 3tbsp of vegetable oil. Put the potatoes to deepfry on medium heat. Deepfry the potatoes until both sides are golden yellow and take out the potatoes.
5. Leave some oil in the wok and stir fry dry red pepper, Chinese prickly ash, anise, ginger smashes and garlic smashes until the flavor. Add the potatoes and stir fry them carefully.
6. Add the mixed seasonings prepared in step 3. Stir fry the potatoes evenly until they are dry. Turn off the heat and take out the dish.
Cooking tips: it is suggested not to remove the potato peel. You’d better steam them. You can choose your favorite taste of the seasonings.