Sea cucumber is a kind of rare marine animals, famous for its same dietary supplementation effect as ginseng. Sea cucumber meat is tender and delicate, rich in protein and vitamins, low in fat. It is used to treat many medical conditions and is known for its anti-aging properties. sea cucumber was used to help arthritis, fatigue, impotence, constipation, frequent urination and joint pain. Now sea cucumbers are used in China to treat kidney disorders, constipation and reproductive problems, including impotence. So sea cucumber is a good ingredients for cooking. Today I will show you how to cook steamed egg custard with sea cucumber and shrimp.
Ingredients: 1 dried sea cucumber; 6 shrimps; 3 eggs
Seasoning: 1 tablespoon oil; salt to taste; 1 tbsp light soy sauce; green onions; 1/2 tsp pepper powder; 1 tsp sesame oil
1. Infuse sea cucumber in water until tender . Clean sea cucumber. Cut one half into slice sheets, cut another half into small sections. Wash and clean shrimps. Cut four shrimps into small sections. Chop onions. Beat eggs in a bowl.
2. Add a bowl of mild water which is about 80 degree. Mix well. Add 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper powder.
3. Put eggs into steamed bowl. Add well-prepared small sections of sea cucumber and shrimps.
4. Cover preservative film onto the egg bowl. Steam the egg bowl for about 10 minutes over middle high heat until the surface is solidified. Add shrimps and sea cucumber slice sheets and continue to steam for about three minutes until the shrimps turn red.
5. Finally sprinkle chopped green onions. Add 1 tsp of light soy sauce and sesame oil respectively.
Cooking tips: Egg custard can’t be steamed too long. When the surface of it become solidified, we can add shrimps and sea cucumber. If we can’t make sure of it we can just sway the bowl to check the egg custard surface. If no liquid, it shows we can put shrimps and sea cucumber into the bowl.