Cooking time: about 10minutes
Ingredients: one cucumber
Seasonings: 1tsp of salt; 1tbsp of sugar; 1tbsp of soy sauce; 1tbsp of vinegar; a dozen of garlic cloves; 2 pieces of dry red Chinese chilli pepper; 1tbsp of oil; a dozen of Chinese prickly ash
1. Pick a relatively straight cucumber. Clean it and don`t remove the peel. Put the cucumber on the chopping board, with one chopstick on both sides of the cucumber. Slice the cucumber at 45 degree angle all the way from end to end.
2. Turn the cucumber over. Slice the cucumber at 45 degree angle all the way from end to end. Put the finished cucumber into the plate.
3. Remove the garlic peel and chop it. Cut the dry red chilli pepper into thin circles. Prepare the Chinese prickly ash.
4. Mix the salt, sugar, soy sauce and vinegar evenly into the dressing sauce. Sprinkle the finished dressing sauce onto the cucumber and sprinkle garlic pieces.
5. Add Chinese prickly ash, dry red Chinese chilli pepper, and oil into a wok and heat it. Sprinkle the mixed hot oil on the cucumber, finally it is ready.
In summer, soak the cucumber with cold dressing sauce, and the cucumber will be crisper. Old people and children shouldn’t eat too much in summer, because the coldness and the spice of the pepper irritates the stomach. It is suggested that this dish is eaten together with the staple food.