Rich in vitamin, mineral substances and cellulose, pumpkin has the effect on fighting against cancer, preventing cardiovascular diseases and delaying aging. Also, according to Chinese traditional medicine, it can dispel dampness, abate fever, tonify middle-Jiao and Qi miscarriage prevention, exert auxiliary effects on diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney diseases, hypogalactia and pertussis.
Difficulty: assistant (intermediate)
Cooking time: 10-30 minutes
Ingredients: 300g pumpkin; 300ml milk; half an onion; several particles of Goji
Seasonings: 1 tsp of salt; 1tbsp of oil; 1tsp of white pepper powder
1. Chip off the pumpkin skin, dig out the pulp, cut it into slices. Chip off the onion skin, and cut it into smashed particles.
2. Heat the oil on a wok. Fry the onion particles first, then add the pumpkin and stir fry for 3 minutes.
3. When the pumpkin skin changes color slightly, pour cold water and bring into boiling on strong heat, then shift to gentle heat and cook for 10 minutes.
4. When the pumpkin is completely well-done and glutinous, add milk, goji, salt and white pepper powder and stew on gentle heat for 5 minutes.
5. When it is done, set aside for a while. When the pumpkin soup is slightly cold, pour it into the mixer and stir into thick soup, finally add several drops of milk.