Difficulty: assistant (intermediate)
Cooking time: above 1 hour
Ingredients: 2 pork feet; a dozen and a half of pickled peppers
Seasoning: a dozen of red pepper; half a dozen of ginger slices; half a dozen of anise; half a dozen of cumin; half a dozen of cinnamon; 2 pieces of myrcia; half a dozen of Chinese prickly ash; 1tbsp of sugar; 1tbsp of white vinegar; 1tbsp of Chinese white wine; 2tsp of salt
1. Put the pork feet pieces into cold water in a pan, add the ginger slices and boil. When it’s boiling, remove the floating foam, and then clean for later use.
2. Put the blanched pork feet in the casserole, and add some boiling water and 1tbsp white vinegar. Cover the lid, stew slowly over strong heat for half an hour.
3. Put the cinnamon, cumin, Chinese prickly ash and myrcia into a seasoning steel filter, clean for later use. Put the seasoning filter in the casserole, add ginger slices, red pepper, sugar and salt. Boil the water. After it is boiling, continue boiling for 5 minutes.
4. Put some boiling water in a bowl to cool down. Then add pickled peppers and pickled pepper water. When the pork feet are well-cooked, add 1tsp of salt. Then cover the lid and stew for 10 minutes.
5. Take out the well-cooked pork feet and put them in the prepared pickled pepper water. Then add a little white vinegar, and make the pork feet soak completely in the pickled pepper water. Add a little Chinese white wine of high degree. Cover the lid, seal and put in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Then the delicious dish is ready to serve.
Cooking tips: remove the fur off the pork feet, clean and cut into pieces. Boil it in the cold water, remove the floating foam and take it out for later use. If there is still blood foam, clean with boiling water. The broth left after the pork feet is taken out from the casserole can be used to cook noodles or soup.