Difficulty: assistant (intermediate)
Cooking time: 10-30 minutes
Ingredients: 150g vermicelli; 60g pickled Chinese cabbage; 40g shredded meat
Seasonings: 2tbsp of oil; 1tsp of salt; 3 pieces of dry red peppers; a dozen of Chinese prickly ash; 1tbsp of thick broad-bean sauce; 1tsp of sesame oil; 1tbsp of starch; a dozen of garlic cloves; 1tsp of ground pepper; 1tsp of chicken powder; a dozen of capsicum frutescens; a handful of chopped green scallions
1. Clean the lean meat and cut into shreds. Personally, I think the minced meat is more pleasing to the eyes. Add salt, sesame oil, and starch into the shredded meat in a bowl, mix evenly and preserve for some moments.
2. Wash the pickled Chinese cabbage with clean water, drain the water off and cut into pieces. Prepare the Chinese prickly ash. Cut off the dry red peppers.
3. Soak the bean vermicelli in advance, and then take it out of water. Remove the pedicle of the capsicum frutescens, clean and cut it off. The capsicum frutescens is for decoration, so you can cut less.
4. Add 2tbsp of oil into a wok and heat it. Add dry red peppers and Chinese prickly ash and stir fry until the flavor. Then add thick broad-bean sauce and fry until the flavor. Add the pickled Chinese cabbages, and stir fry until the flavor.
5. Add moderate clean water, the garlic cloves and the ground pepper and then bring into boiling. Put the vermicelli in the wok to cook.
6. Put the shredded meat into the wok one by one. Don’t need to stir. When the shredded meat and vermicelli are well cooked, stir fry evenly. Before taking out the dish, sprinkle 1tsp of chicken powder. When eating, decorate the dish with some capsicum frutescens and chopped green scallions.
Cooking tips: the pickled Chinese cabbage is salty, so you don’t need to put salt later. If you can stand spicy food, put some capsicum frutescens into the wok. If not, decorate the dish with it.