Difficulty: cutting (elementary)
Cooking time: 10-30 minutes
Ingredients: 1 marrow; 100g minced meat; 5 pieces of shiitake mushroom; 1 egg
Seasoning: half a dozen of scallion; half a dozen of ginger slices; 1tsp of oyster sauce; 1tsp of ground pepper; 1tbsp of flour; 1tbsp of starch; 1tbsp of baking powder; 1tsp of spiced salt; 1tsp of chilli sauce; 4tbsp of oil; 1tsp of salt
1. Cut two thin slices off the marrow. Pay attention the two slices should be connected to each other. Add 1tsp of salt, ginger smashes, ground pepper and oyster sauce into the minced meat and stir evenly in one direction. Preserve it for 10 minutes.
2. Then add the shiitake mushroom dices and chopped green scallion into the mixture. Stir in the same direction for later use.
3. Put moderate pre-made mixture between the two connected marrow slices. Mix egg, flour, starch, baking powder, salt, ground pepper and certain amount of water into the paste of reasonable thickness.
4. Put the ready marrow inside the paste to make it covered with a layer of paste. Add 4tbsp into a wok and heat the wok. When the oil is medium well-done, deep fry the marrow until it is slightly yellow. Take the marrow out the wok.
5. Then turn on strong heat. When the oil is heated to almost well-done, add the marrows into the wok again, deep fry until they turn golden. Take the marrows out. Put them in the plate and sprinkle some spiced salt. If you prefer spicy food, you can also eat with chilli sauce.
Cooking tips: first add seasonings such as salt into the minced meat and preserve for 10 minutes. Pay attention the two slices of the marrow should be connected to each other. To make the dish crisp, the paste is very important: mix 1 egg, flour and starch is in the proportion of 1:1. When the marrows are deep fried for the first time, you should use medium heat and deep fry slowly. For the second time, you should use strong heat so the absorbed oil is squeezed out. There are two ways of eating the ready marrows such as eating with spiced salt or with chilli sauce.