Soybean doesn’t contain cholesterol and can decrease the cholesterol in human body and prevent the occurrence of arteriosclerotic diseases and heart disease. Another substance, trypsin inhibitor in the soybean can cure diabetes, to some extent. Therefore, soybean is recommended by nutritionists as the ideal health care products to prevent and cure diseases such as coronary heart disease, high blood pressure and atherosclerosis. Also, eating soybeans often can increase and enhance the brain skills because the lecithins contained in the soybean is an important part of the brain cell.
Difficulty: chef (advanced)
Cooking time: 10-30 minutes
Ingredients: 1 cup of soybeans
Seasonings: a dozen of capsicum frutescens; a handful of green scallions; 1tbsp of sugar; 1tbsp of vinegar; 1tbsp of light soy sauce; 1tsp of salt; 1tsp of chicken powder; 1tsp of starch
1. Clean the soybeans and soak in the clean water for a night. Take out the soybeans and drain the water off. Clean the capsicum frutescens and chop into pieces.
2. Prepare the seasoning juice: mix moderate sugar, vinegar, water, light soy sauce, salt, chicken powder and starch evenly. Add 2tbsp of oil into a wok and heat it. Add the capsicum frutescens and stir fry until flavor.
3. Add the soybeans whose water has been drained off to stir fry. And moderate clean water or soup-stock, bring into boiling on strong heat, and then simmer on gentle heat till the soybeans are well-done.
4. When the soybeans are well-done, thicken the soup on strong heat. Then add the prepared seasoning juice and stir fry evenly.
5. Sprinkle chopped green scallions. Take out the dish and serve.