This is my favourite stir fry recipe, for ever. I like to eat it with white rice, which can arouse my appetite every time I have a look at it. When I went to restaurant, I always ordered this griddle cooked spicy pork with napa cabbage dish. So now I am studying how to make it. It’s really simple, not that difficult. When cooking, just do take care. Slice the pork thinly and stir fry until pork gives out oil, then add seasoning. How much peppers should I add for this dish? Oh yeah, there is no definite answer in Chinese cooking philosophy. It depends on individual taste, if you like more spicy food, then add more spicy peppers. If you can’t bear spicy food, then you can add few spicy peppers.
Ingredients: 400g napa cabbage, 100g pork; 20g red chili peppers; 30g green chili peppers
Seasoning: 2tbsp oil; onions; 20ml soy sauce; 15g oyster oil; 2g sugar; salt to taste; 10ml yellow rice wine; chicken essence to taste
1. Prepare all ingredients. Wash and clean pork, slice pork into fine sections. Cut red and green peppers in circular way. Chop the onions. Slice napa cabbage into fine sections as well.
2. Heat a wok, add 2tbsp oil into the wok. Then add onions and green chilli peppers to stir fry until the smell of food flavor. Add pork to stir fry.
3. Stir fry pork until pork gives out oil and become slightly yellow. Add green chilli peppers and continue to stir fry until the smell of food flavor.
4. Add 1tbsp yellow rice wine, soy sauce, and oyster oil respectively.
5. Continue to stir fry until the pork is coloured.
6. Add napa cabbage into the wok, and have a stir fry. Add 1tbsp salt.
7. Add sugar, and continue to stir fry until the napa cabbages become soft, add 1/2 tsp chicken essence. Have a stir fry until mixing well. Switch off the heat. Serve.