Spring is a season in which an flu epidemic is prevalent. In this season people can eat more bactericidal anti-inflammatory fruits and vegetables, which can help to improve the immunity and resistance to influenza viruses.
Garlic has a strong bactericidal power, it has an obvious curative effect on diseases caused by bacteria cold, diarrhea, gastroenteritis, and tonsillitis. Garlic also has an effect on promoting metabolism, enhancing appetite to prevent arteriosclerosis and hypertension.
This garlic goji congee diet can diminish inflammation sterilization, prevent wound infection, prevent and treat influenza. It’s a rare diet for regimen. Especially children can drink a bowl of this garlic goji congee in the morning and evening, it has a dietary effect on spring flu prevention.
Ingredients: 100g non-glutinous rice; 10g goji; 20g garlic cloves
Seasonings: 1 tsp sesame oil; salt; 1/2 tsp chicken essence
1. Prepare all ingredients including rice, goji and garlic. Wash and clean rice, infuse rice in water for about 20 minutes.
2. Infuse goji in water for several minutes. Grate garlic cloves.
3. Add water into an earth ware pot and bring into boiling, then add rice and cook in low heat. Add 1 tsp sesame oil into a wok and heat the wok. Add grated garlic stir fry until fragrance. Switch off the heat.
4. When the congee become dense in the earth ware pot, add well prepared garlic into the earth ware pot and mix well.
5. Add 1tsp salt into the pot and cook for about 5 minutes. Then add goji into the pot.
6. Add 1/2 chicken essence into the pot and mix well. Finally switch off the heat.