For millennia, the local inhabitants in the countryside of China have harvested snails from the rivers and rice paddies, making them an important food source. One of the more refined specialties of Chinese cuisine is Fried Spicy River Snails.
Ingredients: 300g river snails; 20 dry cayenne pepper
Seasoning: 2 tbsp oil; 1 tbsp taste; ginger; garlic cloves; 1 tsp sesame oil; 1 tbsp bean paste
1. Wash and clean river snails. Wrap river snails in gauze fabric.
2. Rub river snails with hands so that we can remove the dirt on the surface. Then put river snails onto clean water in a bowl. Add sesame oil, 1 tbsp salt into the bowl and rest the bowl for about two days to let river snails spit dirt. Two days later we need to wash and clean them. Then we can make our dish.
3. Remove stalks of red cayenne peppers, clean them. Then add into a wok with clean water. Boil them, infuse for one hour. Then use garlic mortar and pestle to pound into pepper paste.
4. Cut garlic cloves into small sections. Cut ginger into fine stripes. Then add water into a clean wok. After boiling it add river snails to blanch for one minute. Then drain river snails.
5. Heat a wok, add oil, add ginger and garlic until fragrance. Then add pounded pepper paste, stir fry until fragrance. Add 1 table spoon bean paste, stir fry until fragrance.
6. Finally add river snails and stir fry on high heat. Add 2 bowls of clean water until boiling. Switch to low heat until dense soup. Then add chopped garlic, and stir fry until mixing well. Serve.