Pig feet also called pig trotters or pettitoes, contains rich collagen proteins, lower fat than that in fat meat. According to recent years research on aging, the lack of collagen proteins is one of the important factors of aging. Collagen proteins can prevent skins from dry wrinkles, increase skin elasticity and toughness. Also collagen proteins have an active effect on slowing the aging and promoting children’s growth. Therefore, Chinese people call pig feet as “beauty food” and delicacy similar to the bear’s paw.
500g pig feet; salt to taste; garlic cloves; white sugar; light soy sauce; Sichuan peppers; ginger; red chili peppers; cooking wine; mature vinegar; red oil
1. Wash and clean the pig feet, cut a shoot at the front feet. Then crossly cut in the middle to let flavor come in.
2. Add water into an earth pot. Add chopped ginger, add salt and heat on high temperature until boiling. Then heat on low temperature for 40 minutes.
3. Then cool down the pig feet and soak them in fresh water to get rid of grease. Cut pig feet into fine sections.
4. Wash and clean red chili peppers and cut into fine circles. Grate the garlic cloves. Put pig feet, garlic, red chili peppers in a bowl. Sprinkle Chinese parsley coriander.
5. Then add 1tbsp white sugar, 1tbsp light soy sauce in a small bowl.
6. Also add 1/2tbsp salt, 1/2tbsp mature vinegar into the bowl.
7. According to personal taste, add several Sichuan pepper powder and cooking wine into the small bowl. According to taste, add cooking wine, and mixed seasoning into the small bowl. At last, add 1tbsp red oil, then mix well.