Difficulty: chef (advanced)
Cooking time: about 10 minutes
Ingredients: 1200g silver carp
Seasonings: 1tbsp of salt; 1tsp of sesame oil; 1tsp of starch; half a dozen of pickled rod chilli ; half a dozen of pickle; half a dozen of pickled pepper; picked ginger; half a dozen of capsicum frutescens; half a dozen of Chinese prickly ash; half a dozen of garlic cloves; half a dozen of anise; 3tbsp of vegetable oil; 1tsp of cooking wine; 1tbsp of sugar; 1tsp of ground pepper; 1tsp of chicken powder
1. After the silver carp is butched by the retailers, slice into fillet. Mix evenly with salt and preserve for some moment, then wash repeatedly with flowing water. Then mix fillet with 1tsp of salt, starch and sesame oil, and then preserve for the second time.
2. Prepare dry red pepper, ginger, capsicum frutescens, garlic cloves and anise ready. Chop the pickle, pickled pepper, pickled ginger and rod chilli into pieces.
3. Heat a wok and add 3tbsp of vegetable oil, more than that used at regular times. Add the chopped prepared spicy pickle and fry. Add enough water into the wok once. Add dry red pepper, ginger, capsicum frutescens, garlic cloves and anise. And then add cooking wine, sugar and ground pepper.
4. When the soup is boiled, cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. Add the fish head and boil 1 to 2 minutes again. Then add the fish bone and boil 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add the fillet. When the soup is boiling, boil for 1 minute. Then add 1tsp of chicken powder. Take the dish out. Sprinkle some chopped green scallion.
Cooking tips: preserve the fish with starch and oil, so the fish is tenderer. But don’t put too much starch.