Brown rice does good for curing the constipation. Speaking of curing constipation, you should select food rich in coarse-fibre, such as coarse food grain, vegetables and fruits, etc. Coarse-fibre can increase food debris, stimulate the intestinal wall and promote the intestinal tract movement, so the faeces are easily excreted. Also, eating beans, potato, carrot, onion, bean sprout, honey, sesame, peanut, yogurt, milk powder can stimulate the intestinal tract movement, shorten the time in which food passes the intestines, and promote the excretion.
It is good to drink a glass of light salty water or warm boiled water in the morning. You should drink it one big gulp after another, instead of small ones. In this way, it can stimulate the intestinal tract movement and soften the excrement.
Difficulty: cutting (elementary)
Cooking time: 10-30 minutes
Ingredients: 80g brown rice; 40g millet; 200g sweet potato
Seasonings: 2000g clear water or according to personal flavor
1. For the sweet potato, first cut it half and then break off the rest part, instead of cutting it to the end. In this way, the sweet potato pieces are soft to taste.
2. Soak the ready sweet potato in clean water slightly for 5 minutes in case it becomes black when exposed to the air for long.
3. Pour clean water into the two kinds of soaked rice.
4. Boil over strong heat and then stew on gentle heat, with lid covered for 20-30 minutes until the rice is soft.
5. Finally add the sweet potato and stew on gentle heat until it is soft.