Trotter can not only supplement collagen but also exerts the nourishing effect. After added the lotus seed, it tastes fresh and soft. The trotter is delicious, but not greasy, tender and fresh, with the flavor of tomato juice.
Difficulty: assistant (intermediate)
Cooking time: 10-30 minutes
Ingredients: 2 trotters; 150g lotus seeds; 3 tomatoes
Seasoning: 2 tbsps of ketchup;
2 pieces of green onion;
1 tbsp of sugar;
1 tsp of ground pepper;
2 tbsps of oil;
1 tbsp of salt
1. Prepare the raw materials, get everything cleaned and cut. Soak the lotus seeds in water for half a day in advance. Boil a pot of water, and blanch the totters with green onion and ginger sections.
2. Heat a pan, add a little oil and stir fry the ginger slices and green onion sections. When the flavor comes out, add half of the tomatoes.
3. While stir frying, press the tomatoes until the juice comes out. Then add the blanched totters and continue stir frying until the totters are covered by the juice.
4. Put the fried totters into a pressure cooker, and add the boiled water which surpasses the totters. Then add the soaked lotus seeds.
5. Switch on strong heat. When steam comes out, shift to gentle heat for 10 minutes, and the totters are getting ready. Then pour the totters into a pot and take out the ginger slices and green onion sections.
6. Add 2 tbsps of ketchup and thicken the mixture with strong heat. Then add the other half of tomato pieces and stir fry.
7. After stir frying for a moment, add 1tbsp of salt, 1btsp of sugar and 1 tsp of ground pepper. Take out the dish into an earthen bowl after stir frying evenly. Finally, sprinkle some small green onion minces.
Cooking tips: soak the lotus seeds in cold water for half a day in order to reduce the cooking time. Blanch the totters in advance. Add some ginger and green onion to help reduce the smell of totters. Stir fry the green onion and ginger. Add half of the tomatoes and stir fry, whose purpose is to stew the tomato juice out. Then add the totters and stir fry. Put the stir fried lotus seeds and totters into a pressure cooker. After the steam comes out, shift to gentle heat for 10 minutes and then turn off the heat. Add the seasonings into the boiled lotus seeds and totter soup, and you can drink it. You can also stew in the pot. While stewing the soup, thicken the soup with strong heat. Then add some ketchup and tomatoes, so that the color is brighter and the flavor thicker.