Pork ribs are a cut of pork popular in Chinese cuisines. The ribcage of a domestic pig, meat and bones together, is cut into usable pieces, prepared by stir fry, braised, or stewed soups with other components. Chinese people like to braise pork ribs with carrots, corns, etc.
500g pork ribs; 500g carrots; 2tbsp oil; 2 star anise seeds; 10ml soy sauce; 3g zanthoxylum; 1 ginger; green garlic sprouts; salt to taste; chicken essence
1. Add water into a wok and bring it into boiling, put cleaned pork ribs to blanch for 2 minutes. Then take it out from the wok and drain.
2. Add oil in to the wok and heat the wok, add pork ribs and stir fry until the ribs give off oil. Add ginger, star anise, soy sauce, and zanthoxylum respectively, then have a stir fry until the smell gives out and the color changes.
3. Add water, salt and chicken essence. Then cover a lid, cook on a high heat until boil, stew on a low heat.
4. At the same time, peel off the carrots, use knife to cut the carrots into fine sections. When the pork ribs are stewed for half an hour, add the carrots and continue to stew.
5. When the carrots are done, add green garlic sprouts, salt and monosodium glutamate, have a stir and place into a big bowl. Serve.