Bird’s nest soup is considered a delicacy in Chinese cuisine, having benefits for metabolism and the immune system, adding reproductive health.
Cooking difficulty: medium
Cooking time: 10-30 minutes
Ingredients: 40g Bird’s nest; 1 papaya; 3 red dates; 4 ginkgo
Seasonings: water; rock candy
1. Soak bird’s nest in water for about four hours. Then use the filter trap and nipper to get rid of impurities. Finally put bird’s nest in a bowl, add some water in a wok and braise it.
2. Put 2 tbsp of water in a wok, add rock candy, red dates and ginkgo, then mix them well to let rock candy melt.
3. Cut the inner part of the papaya as the picture shows, then take out of all seeds.
4. Pour birds’s nest, red dates, ginkgo and candy water in the papaya, cover the papaya lid.
5. Place the papaya in a heatproof plate, and then steam for about 15 minutes. Serve.